Friday, November 23, 2012

Deck the halls

It's that time of the year again.  Time to haul out the pumpkins and haul in the peppermint.  Time to trade in the giblets for gingerbread and jolly old St. Nick.  That's right, it is officially the Christmas season, and I couldn't be happier.  I have waited patiently for Christmas 2012.  In all honesty, though, the Target elves almost convinced me to start singing "Silent Night" two months ago with their cinnamon scented pine cones.  And I gotta hand it to Meijer.  Their Christmas tree selection in mid-October was second to none.  But I held strong this year, and I let Halloween have its due with candy corn and scary masks.  I let Thanksgiving shine with harvest candles and a cornucopia of food.  Now, Christmas, it's your turn in the spotlight, and I'm looking forward to an entire month of mistletoe, holly, and Clark W. Griswold-style fun.
You might recognize this little guy from my post earlier this week.  Ben played the perfect Santa Claus, but I held off on posting these pictures because, well, they are Christmas pictures and earlier this week it was still "Thanksgiving" season.  Now that is some serious holiday restraint, no?  :-)

 I told ya we had some fun with hats.
 Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
 

No comments: