Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Papa Joe


When I turn 90, ninety, NINETY!, I want to celebrate like this man, Papa Joe, surrounded by my wonderful family.

You know you're loved when everyone in your family drops everything to attend your birthday party.  Papa Joe's family came in from New York, Florida, California, North Carolina and (I think) Idaho!   Every niece, nephew, grandchild, and great-grandchild got to wish this special man a happy, happy birthday.

I guess hearing, "Happy NINETIETH birthday" can be a bit much after a few hours :-).

Villa Verone, in Elgin, hosted this wonderful party.  It was the perfect size and added a nice warm touch to an already happy occasion.







I knew this would be my kind of party when I found out there would be Karaoke singing.  I even considered offering up my version of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face."  Umm, can I just say that these people mean biz-ness?!?  They were awesome!





Happy birthday, Papa Joe.  You have so much to celebrate!

No comments: