Saturday, April 12, 2008

What is your theme song?


Music is a huge part of my life. My husband is a phenomenal guitar player, and my son is showing an early interest in the piano. We can't keep him away from his Fisher Price Baby Grand.

Over the years, I have attempted to learn various instruments. I took organ and violin lessons as a child and after college I started to learn to play the guitar. Nowadays I stick to shower Karaoke.

There is nothing like dancing to a good song. In fact, I have a soft spot in my heart (and my dancing shoes) for Vanilla Ice's smash hit, "Ice Ice Baby". I recently had the opportunity to share my love for the song in an impromptu dance-off, and it got me thinking about a theme for my photography this month: songs that move us. I realize that we are halfway through April, so I'm a little late thinking of a theme but these things take time, right?

I'm posting an image of my husband practicing his guitar. I caught him warming up with "12 Bar Blues".

No comments: